As my light becomes dark

I intertwine my words and vision into woven light

Friday, February 1, 2013

Morning beliefs....

I've just began reading Believing is Seeing by Laura Lawson. In 2010 I Googled "visually impaired writer" and she was the first in my search and ever since I have been following her written and visual journey, I follow her relationship with Instagram and her amazing shots and now she is a published writer.

She too lives with Retinitis Pigmentosa and she continually affirms the belief, as the title of her book announces BELIEVING IS SEEING....thank you Laura....check out Laura's blog at http://lauralawsonart.com/blog

I have just reached page 26 where Laura talks about night vision or lack of and how in company, walking and navigating is best done by linking arms and mirroring the stride of someone close.

It instantly made me think of my aunt Nicole, who is by far the greatest guide for me. She gets me places, she doesn't wait for me to process the "what ifs" or me becoming a victim....we get going and I know I need to trust her more than I do because by not trusting I make it harder for her.

I am grateful for you Nicole (for many reasons!!!) and for this I love you....





No comments:

Post a Comment