As my light becomes dark

I intertwine my words and vision into woven light

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

the falls

The below poem comes from two inspirations firstly from a poem by Borges called "My Whole Life", this inspired my friend Melanie to write her own version and can be read at 


This then inspired me to write my own version........

Here once again amongst the shadows of the past
I kept memories of the bushland that danced on the river’s edge
I have stood under towering metal and gazed at its breaking light
I have listened to words sung in places so divine
I have bathed under waters of paradise where sacred women now rest
I have sat with the pain stored in little boxes nestled in the dark
I have clutched at your hand as we exhaled summers breath
I believe the resting spirit will awaken

                when day pushes down night



No comments:

Post a Comment