As my light becomes dark

I intertwine my words and vision into woven light

Sunday, September 25, 2011

We acknowledge One



I hear the tingling of tiny symbols
Silence broken through the echoes
I hear his voice join us
Its presence draped in green cloth

I smell incense and mint
Amongst the strands of my hair
I smell her tiring voice singing the Amen’s
The longing rises through her prayers

I see the break through the coloured glass
Light catches the dust not ready to fall
I see his spirit in their bodies
Harbouring an unwavering strength

I taste the trembling in the wooden bench
Bearing the weight of his love
I taste the hunger caught in the wanting
Desperation amongst their dying faith

Hallelujah
Hallelujah

I dedicate this to my Grandfather, the father and my grandmothers one love.  He has shown us all how to be better people, to live with integrity and I know he walks in us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment