As my light becomes dark

I intertwine my words and vision into woven light

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

THE INVISIBLE CAPE






I wear my skin like an invisible cape
Hiding my soul which floats
Amongst the rubble and mess
The clutter fills the pit
The scent wafting full of disdain
Lost love reeking of pain
Anger lies in broken glass
Among the sounds of shouting
And lies and unheard truths
Crumbled between unwashed mistakes
Hate, floating in a murky filled jar
Slowly decaying
Fragments of empty apologies
Scattered throughout the room
Ripped up visions of the future in
Overflowing boxes
Piles of past manuscripts
Stacked in a corner
Reaching for the roof
That has been painted in nightmares
Of scared lonely nights
My invisible cape looks dirtied
Shadowed
From the scum and bruises and mess
There is nowhere to hide
I look around
There is no hope of finding my heart

No comments:

Post a Comment