As my light becomes dark

I intertwine my words and vision into woven light

Sunday, October 31, 2010

FEAR A FAILING FRIEND

Does ones life have many momets of being re-born? Do we die on the inside and then come back into life with newness?  I feel like over the past week I have been re-born.  My life has rebegun, yet like all things new I am feeling really apprehensive and nervous.  I fear.....

I don't float with the changing winds all that well and even when goodness is the prime denominator I fear that one day I will fall from the skies....I wrote this poem a few months ago, yet it has just as much relevance as I begin a new phase in my life......

FEAR
The internal beast that I feed with my attention
It makes a banquet of my mind
Never enough to satisfy its hunger
A simmering, smouldering stew
Bubbling and fermenting
For the cannibal to devour
But it desires my waveless heart beat
Turning it into a chaotic place full of mess
Braising, parching and scorching
Preparing for its meal
I desire to flee the outbreak of commotion
And be free of the controllable
The dominating thought
My suffocating breath
I am panicked by the beast
That constantly wants to gorge on my soul
Immobilising me
The questioning in my mind
As the beast starts to grow
And manifest, feeding
Greediness
Feeding off a bottomless pit
Leaving me empty
Apart from the beast itself

No comments:

Post a Comment