As my light becomes dark

I intertwine my words and vision into woven light

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Inspired by Gossling


Because the theme of the week has now become the theme of my life I want to share the below poem I wrote when  I heard the song Paper Boat by Gossling, I was unable to find a video to upload but have included a link where you can hear it. It is a beautiful song....

I carved out a boat for you
A boat made of wood
I painted it in the colour of my heart
And stained it with the varnish of truth
The boat will carry you
Upon the seas of my love
Where I will be your current
And I will be your waves
My body will be intertwined in your net
My breath will get caught in your sails
My desire will be tied in your knots
And when you leave my shores
I will be your anchor
That drags heavy behind you
Held fast and buried in the sand
Because my longing wants you to
Stay wrapped in my arms
Forever




No comments:

Post a Comment