As my light becomes dark

I intertwine my words and vision into woven light

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Keep My Love


In September 2010 I gathered three writing prompts, feather, shell and charm, I boxed and gave them to Melanie, and she unwrapped a poem, a version of her own.  

Below is my now refined version, which I revisited last night, after she reminded me of the beauty through her original poem from 2010.....


Looking downward
At his empty shell
Shriveled amongst the sand
Whispering to the night
I love you, but
You are my curse
Goodbye, goodbye my love
As he clutches at the charm
Held tight to his chest

Like the memory

That lingers in the air
The past floating
As the layers begin to fall
Salty tears flow from his eyes
The wave’s crashing
Over the rock and the heart
As a yellow glow drapes over his back

Daylight has returned

Watching as the last lone feather
Drops, spiraling toward earth
Landing on the water’s edge
Sparkling inward light

                               
                                                I won’t forget you





No comments:

Post a Comment