As my light becomes dark

I intertwine my words and vision into woven light

Sunday, February 20, 2011

WHAT IS LOVE

Almost a year ago when I began really writing poetry, Melanie set me some writing tasks to learn how to write using metaphors and similes and I wrote the below poem Love Is....and a year later Melanie spoke of introducing this to her students at school and it got me thinking how would I write Love Is now.......

LOVE IS

Love is feeling safe
Love is family and friends
Love is laughing
Love is singing from the heart
Love is having fun
Love is Love







THAT IS LOVE

The butterfly lands
Silent but slightly trembling
Suddenly taking flight
That is love

Pulling back the dark curtain
The lingering shadow waits
As dawn breaks the night
That is love

The taste of mandarin and mint
The embrace of your wise arms
The repeating tune in my mind
The scent of pine trees wrapped in mist
The struggle of forgiveness
The belief of your knowing me
The victory of freedom
That is love
That is love

No comments:

Post a Comment