As my light becomes dark

I intertwine my words and vision into woven light

Thursday, December 30, 2010

WHY DO YOU DO WHAT YOU DO?

Thie question was posed to me a few months ago....and as we embark on a new year, I return to the question and I return to the words.....



My “job” is not me.  My job is the in between place where I stand searching for what I want for my life.  A job, a place I go to make money, so I can live, and leave that job at the end of the day and do the things I love.  This job has no ties with my inner world, my inner desires.  Why do I do this job?  We have to work....does this make me happy?  A question, separate, yet probably the one that is important.
I write to free my inner voice that seems to have little room for expression in the world I live.  I write to show, to be free, to discover, to feel and ultimately grow.  If this was posed as the question “WHAT IS THE ONE THING YOU WANT TO DO” writing would complete me.
I be the person I am because to me there aren’t enough good hearted people.  It’s the thing I strive hardest at, be the best person I can be, to love and share and give
I don’t know why I do what I do.  Maybe because you HAVE to do, and does that doing mean you have to do what makes you happy???

No comments:

Post a Comment