As my light becomes dark

I intertwine my words and vision into woven light

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Mother Natures Dance

Today I sat underneath an aging spread of European elm trees with my beautiful friend Melanie, trams rattled past in the background, the smell of dust and damp leaves rose between us, boys rode on bikes, kids played in the park, old men strolled through the aging Edinburgh Gardens, the blue of the sky was broken by the white of the clouds and the warmth of the sun.   I know this moment was meant for us because to the naked eye these could have been trees just losing their leaves.  But to us it was like we were being showered in floating flecks of gold, each leaf twirled spiraling downward and toward us, the breeze was like music for the trees and they danced, showering us with golden leaves.   Below I have written a piece of poetry about this moment, called Mother Natures Dance.  

Thanks Melanie, for sharing a pure moment of nature showing its true and wondrous self.  I would not have wanted to share this with anyone else, you reminded me how each leaf was a singular moment of joy to be held onto forever.


MOTHER NATURES DANCE
for Melanie

 With you
I watched gold fall from the branches
Gravity pulled us down
And below the falling leaves
Our spirits were released
I saw the sun catch our hearts
As the wind caught my gaze
And I found floating in the dust
What I wasn’t looking for
I held tight to the stars rising in my throat
Hope washing over my darkness
With you
The leaves did fall
And with you the perfect moment
Fell between us





No comments:

Post a Comment